Saturday 8 September 2012

Day four and so to Paris

Got off to a flying start leading a british peloton out of the town on delightfully smooth roads. Made it to lunch at 930. Average speed 13,5 mph. 28 miles into the day another  38 to go.  Fantastic food again thanks to extreme caterers. Onto Paris across rolling fields past Paris  ch de Gaulle airport and then into the suburbs.  Medication went then came back in so managed to get within 1 mile of the end and then seized up completely,  so caught a lift for hr last bit as I considered it dangerous negotiating busy Parisian srreets..  But triumph of triumphs I got wired again and joined the mass celebratory cavalcade of cyclist through the major sights around the Arc de Triomph, down the champs élysées, and then onto the Eiffel tower.  What an awesome sense of achievement!  Thanks to the team, Discover Adventure crew, the friends on the trip, and above all Ben, my son, who has made me so proud in the way he sorted me out without fuss when I was sluggish. Ben I love you.
It was all worth it for the 2700 I have raised so far.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! We are very proud of you, and you should be very proud of yourselves. Bravo Harry, bravo Ben.
    xxx Guenots

    ReplyDelete